Friday, March 27, 2015


As I'm whittling away the last touch ups on my big kids room, there are a few little projects that need to get done. One of them is this fan. 

I found it on eBay for an awesome deal. I thought that it was grey, but when it came in the mail, it was decidedly not grey. And looked super old and ugly. Sad face

Old I liked but not ugly. I had this idea that I could take it apart and paint it. But then that seemed like a lot of work so I didn't. Haha!  Then I thought maybe I would just paint it all one color. Looks like that is what the previous owner did. I was all set to do that but when it came time to pull the trigger, I just couldn't. 

So I broke out the tools and disassembled the cage, blade, and switch. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Then I taped off all necessary parts that were still silver and unpainted. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be!

Let me remind you of the before...

And now...

I love it so much!!!!  Let me tell you... Rustoleum spray paint is a miracle worker. Sigh. So go ahead... Take 
something apart and spray paint it!