Monday, April 27, 2015

This Womans Work

As my husband and I were mixing concrete for our shower pan, (he did most of the mixing while I poured the pan and smoothed everything out) we started talking about women's work. Here's how the convo went down:

SpyMan: This is Womans work. (He was working pretty hard mixing the cement. Lol!)

Me: I don't think that this is what my grandmothers would have thought of as Womans work... But they're progressive ladies so I think they would approve. 

SpyMan: (gets thoughtful for a minute) I'm just trying to think what my grandmother would have thought. I think she would just be happy we are doing it together. 

And that, folks, is why I hit the husband jackpot!  He has had some good women raise him!  The bulk of this remodel falls to me.  But for the big jobs, we work side by side. We get our hands dirty and we talk and laugh (and get really pissed when something doesn't work out, or breaks, or falls on our foot). Womens work is whatever work a woman is doing. And I sure love working side by side with such a good man! And I KNOW all our grandmas would get on board with That! So here's a glimpse of our shower pan... It's so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment